"SELF DETERMINATION IS KEY TO THE WORLD PEACE"
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE AHRC-STM-228-2013 December 8, 2013 The full report is available for download at: http://www.humanrights.asia/resources/hrreport/2013/AHRC-SPR-003-2013.pdf/view Human Rights Day commemorates the adoption of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights on December 10, 1948, which declares freedom and equality for every human being in the world. The Indian constitution, adopted by the people of independent India [...]
. The children at SAIT are continuing to excel in their studies and achieving good grades in examinations conducted by the school. We are expecting good results from this year’s batch GCE O/L children. Recently 14 out of the 16 children selected for a Science competi-tion were from Sivan Arul Illam. This is a remarkable [...]
By S. V. Kirubaharan in France The 1987 Indo- Lanka accord recognized the North East of the island of Sri Lanka as the hereditary land of the Tamil people. Under internationally agreed arrangement, the North and Eastern provinces were merged as one administrative unit. Unfortunately less than a year after Mahinda Rajapaksa was elected as [...]
ETHICS & POWER www.sunday-guardian.com/profile/ram-jethmalani Ram Jethmalani is a senior politician and eminent lawyer. Time to mend our foreign policy India can take the lead in making secular democracies evolve a common strategy of defence against terrorism. country’s foreign policy reflects its aspirations vis-à-vis its long term and immediate objectives in accordance with the principles of [...]
V. Selvanathan David Cameron My sister-in-law, a Tamil national from the North has long harboured the desire to visit her daughter and son living in London for over a decade. The end of the war proved a proper time at which to apply for a visitor visa – preparation towards the much anticipated trip [...]
/ Sunday, December 08, 2013 By Easwaran Rutnam The Tamil National Alliance (TNA) yesterday offered active support to the government to address the accountability issue if the government meets certain conditions. Among the conditions, the TNA said, is the need for the government to agree to make an honest effort to address the issue with [...]
By Austin Fernando Northern Provincial Council Chief Minister C V Vigneswaran Governor in the Sri Lankan Provincial Councils (PCs) structure is a much respected personality. Governor D B Wijetunga elevated from the Governorship to Prime Minister and finally to Presidency. In recent times Governor G A Chandrasiri, a king-pin in eliminating terrorism has been in [...]
December 7, 2013 | Filed under: Colombo Telegraph The Rajapaksa Government has commenced a campaign to threaten and intimidate Sri Lankan academic Dr. Thrishantha Nanayakkara who exposed for the first time the tender procedure about the controversial MiG 27 purchase by the Defence Ministry in an article he wrote in the Colombo Telegraph recently. Dr. [...]
December 8, 2013 | Filed under: Colombo Telegraph,News, UK’s Labour Party claims 2014 could be a crucial year for accountability and reconciliation in Sri Lanka given the growing calls for an independent international war crimes inquiry. Speaking after a meeting with representatives from Tamil lobby groups, Labour Parliamentarian and The shadow foreign secretary Douglas Alexander [...]
Visvanathan Sivam Today at 9:02 AM Dear Friends, It is only natural for people of the same mentality to get together and work on the same wavelength. The Algerians were fighting for their freedom, like the Tamils in Sri Lanka. Fortunately for the Algerians, there was no India to prevent the victory the Algerians fully [...]
December 8, 2013 | Filed under: Colombo Telegraph, By Malinda Seneviratne – ‘Moderate’ is a subjective tag. Tamil National Alliance (TNA) MP M.A. Sumanthiran may call himself a moderate but not everyone will go along with his self-perception. The same holds for any moderate, self-labeled or labeled as such by others. Politicians, in particular, are [...]
December 8, 2013 | Filed under: Colombo Telegraph, By Jayashika Padmasiri – Today marks two years since the alleged abduction of the two human rights activists Lalith Weeraraj and Kugan Muruganandan who were last seen on the day before the World Human Rights Day. After this controversial abduction Lalith Weeraraj’s father, a rubber tapper working [...]
Saturday, December 7, 2013 In a letter to newly sworn US Assistant Secretary of State for South and Central Asian Affairs Nisha Biswal, Tamils for Obama congratulated her and reminded her of the widows and orphans left from the Sri Lankan civil war. TfO also mentioned the need for an international commission of inquiry [...]
Glen Ford: Were the compromises made to avoid bloodshed responsible for the poverty and suffering that continues today? - December 6, 13 Full Episode Remembering Mandela Mandela Embodied the Victories and Failures of the South African Liberation Struggle Mandela Led Fight Against Apartheid, But Not Against Extreme Inequality If the video has no sound, check [...]
2 December 2013 The Commonwealth heads of government meeting in Colombo was the occasion for renewed demands that the state account for the brutal ending of its war with the Tamil Tigers in 2009. But Sri Lanka’s appalling human-rights record does not only apply to its violent past: today too civil-society organisations are under heavy [...]
Press release 05 December 2013 “Nelson Mandela stands as an inspiration to us all” – Kofi Annan The Elders are deeply saddened by the death of their founder, Nelson Mandela. They join millions of people around the world who were inspired by his courage and touched by his compassion. All will mourn his passing. “Nelson [...]
December 5, 2013, 9:37 pm by S Venkat Narayan, Our Special Correspondent NEW DELHI, December 5: India is planning to host Sri Lanka’s Northern Provincial Council Chief Minister Justice C. V. Wigneswaran next month. External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid had extended an invitation to Wigneswaran when he met him in Jaffna in October. In his [...]
Friday, 06 December 2013 14:14 UNP Badulla District Parliamentarian Harin Fernando said today 52% of the budget was allocated to three Ministers of the same family while the balance 48% was allocated to the rest. “52% of the budget has been allocated to three ministers while the other 105 ministers have been allocated only 48% [...]
Today’s Date: Friday, December 6th, 2013 News December 5, 2013 Visiting UN Special Rapporteur on the Human Rights of the Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) Dr Chaloka Beyani met the Secretary of Defence and Urban Development Gotabaya Rajapaksa at his office today. During the meeting Beyani and Rajapaksa had cordial discussions on matters of relevance and [...]
Global Peace Support Group UK Ltd is a registered organisation based in London. The organisation dedicated to be involved in humanitarian and other related issues. We also work along with other similar organisations to promote peace and harmony among various societies..
GLOBAL PEACE SUPPORT GROUP - UK - TIRELESSLY WORK ON THE CONCEPT OF:
"SELF DETERMINATION IS KEY TO THE WORLD PEACE"
MOURNS ON THE CONTINUED TRAGEDY OF THE PEOPLE OF North & East of Tamil EELAM WITH THE HOPE OF ALL OF OUR ENDEAVOURS WOULD BRING AN END TO THOSE SUFFERING DURING THE YEAR AHEAD.
The International community has a duty towards the long suffering Sri Lankan Tamil population to restore their rights of SELF DETERMINATION.
Global Peace Support Group - believes that this is the ONLY way for a permanent PEACE in Sri Lanka.